Welcome to The Coded Message!
Welcome to my blog of messages from a coder, namely me, Jimmy Hartzell.
It is about a variety of topics.
I write a fair amount about programming and computers, particularly these categories:
- Rust: My favorite non-GC’d programming language
- Haskell: My favorite GC’d programming language
- C++: The programming language I used to use professionally
I myself used to think Rust would never replace C++, but now I have written a blog series about why I think Rust is better. The most popular post of that series is about move semantics.
I also have a few non-blog pages:
- External recommended reading
- Rust opinions that I’m gradually growing
- Programming portfolio
I also do write about non-technical topics:
- Reviews of literature and/or other media
- Reading log of what books I’ve read
- Commentary on scripture and religious debates
- My own fiction, of which the first piece may be the best posted
- Which helps with my ADHD
- … and running this blog!
NewsletterFind out via e-mail when I make new posts!